Low Fat Banana Chocolate Chip Bombs
It is my birthday today; I can’t think of any better ways to celebrate other than baking at home and play house with the new oven.
I have very ripe bananas begging to be used. So, I looked up Big Oven (an iPhone app) since I was curious about banana cookies!
Recipe: Chocolate Chip Banana Bombs
Or view in app: bigoven://recipe/161031
The recipe provides 20 servings.
These low-fat chocolate chip cookies are made with bananas.
1 1/2 cups Flour
3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Light Brown sugar packed
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
2 tablespoon Unsalted butter room temperature (I used olive oil margarine instead)
3/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 large Bananas peeled and mashed
Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips (I used just a bit over 1/4 cup)
1) Preheat Oven to 350 F
2) Coat two 12×18 inch cookie sheets either with parchment paper or cooking spray
3) In a small bowl – stir Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt.
4) Cream Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar, and Butter with a mixer until smooth.
5) Beat in Vanilla, Egg, and Banana.
6) Stir in Flour mixture. When doughy, stir in Chocolate Chips.
7) Drop teasponsfuls onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
8) Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Mm, took a bite of the cookie and made myself a cup of coffee. Chewy and delicious without being too sweet!